Feedback Strategies

I found this funny meme off of google and I feel as if it gesticulates good with the two articles that I read. https://blog.cake.hr/8-fun-employee-survey-ideas/

The first article I read was, Be A Mirror. I found this article interesting because it talks about the correlation between feedback and a growth or fixed mindset. We have been talking about a growth mindset and feedback the past weeks so I liked how this article flowed into feedback. In this article it speaks of qualities to help foster a growth mindset like prioritizing the work and effort put in and not necessarily the content and taking yourself out of the equation when giving feed back. I like these two examples a lot and I feel as if the will help when in the future when giving my classmates feedback. https://literacyworldwide.org/blog/literacy-now/2015/12/08/be-a-mirror-give-readers-feedback-that-fosters-a-growth-mindset

The second article I read was, The Difference Between Praise and Feedback. I liked this article because it just brought to my attention that there is such a thing as overpraising and it differs from feedback. I feel as if today's society this is actually pretty common and it does not support a growth mindset. I also really liked the author's point of you actually have to be listen and paying attention to something in order to give feedback, feedback takes effort. Also, I feel as if this could just bring light to people and encourage them to put effort into other people. https://www.kqed.org/mindshift/34778/the-difference-between-praise-and-feedback

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me and My Blog

Comment Wall

Week 4 Story: The Magical Deer