Week 2 Story: A Father's Quest

 Published on my Portfolio https://kenziegolden.wixsite.com/mysite

This image depicts the Lord's castle and was uploaded from a travel blog. https://www.tripsavvy.com/europes-most-enchanting-fairytale-castles-3498893

Once upon a time a father and his two boys and daughter lived in a little shack off into the forest. The father’s work was very gruesome and had to go on quests for his leader. The father did whatever he could to provide for his family, but his kids were often alone. 

 

One morning, he received news to go on a very dangerous quest that could potentially take him a very long time to complete. Before he left he promised to bring them all he would bring back something special for each one of them. 

 

The father left and his children went on with their lives. The two brother both went to work every day while the daughter stayed and home and took care of their home, she loved to cook and clean. 

 

The father went on with his quest to bring a sacred sword to a lord in a far away land. It took the father almost two weeks to even acquire such sacred sword. He also fought off many enemies in order to protect this sword. 

 

At last, after another gruesome two week journey he had arrived at the far away land of lord he must go see. He searched this land far and wide looking for this palace, but surely enough he finally found way off into the forest. 

 

He completed his quest and returned the sword to the lord. In return the father asked the lord if he could spare a horse for his sons and a precious gem for his daughter. 

 

“Well I can make you a deal,” said the Lord. 

 

“Anything” the father said.

 

“Bring me your daughter and let her live with me and I can give you two horses and some gold for your troubles,” the Lord stated. 

 

The father did not want to give up his daughter, but he knew she would be taken care of and live a life she had dreamed of. Also, with those horses he could complete his quests so much faster ensuring to make a greater profit. 

 

The father journey back home to his family and bring his daughter back to the lord. When he returned the daughter was devastated but understood her father’s decision.

 

She returned the Lord in the far away land. She was so shocked by him and how handsome and sweet he was. They quickly fell in love and wed. The daughter and her whole family were taken care of by the Lord for the rest of their lives and all lived happily ever after.





Author's Note: The inspiration story for my story I created was The Three Roses. I love fairytale endings and I loved the idea of making it some what of a tough and risky decision for the father to give up his daughter to a stranger. But, everything working out for every one in the end and becoming a love story. 



Bibliography: "The Three Roses" from "The Key of Gold: Czech Folk Tales" by Josef Baudis Web Source.

Comments

  1. Hi Kenzie!

    I think you did a great job with this story. You showed the tenacity of the father with the length of his journey. The thought of going on a month-long journey sounds exhausting, and he did it with ease. I am curious about the decision with the gifts for his children, specifically his daughter. Why did he want a precious gem for her daughter? Was he going to turn it into jewelry for her? If I were the father, I would ask for something that would suit her personally, like high-quality food or some kind of kitchen utensils to accommodate her love for cooking. Regardless, this was a joy to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenzie!! I really really enjoyed your retelling of this popular story. I love how you changed it to two sons and a daughter, everything I have read is either three daughters or three sons. Also, the father's quest adds an interesting dimension to the story that is different than just leaving to buy gifts. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kenzie! I really enjoyed reading your story. I felt it was light-hearted, but had quite some depth to it as well about a father's love and devotion to his children. I'm happy that the daughter ended up happy and that the father did not have to feel guilty about sending her away. Overall, great job with this story, I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kenzie,
    I really enjoyed reading through your story. I loved how you portrayed the father's love for his children. You did a great job making the story revisions to make it your own. I look forward to seeing the rest of your stories this semester.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me and My Blog

Comment Wall

Week 4 Story: The Magical Deer