Week 5 Story: The Tales of Leah Nydus


 Leah Nydus has a friendly animal companion, a camel. Leah and her camel went everywhere together and  she was always riding on its back. One day they were riding through town and were wondering around for hours. After several hours one of the local beggars asked her what she was doing riding around town for hours. Leah simply just replied with, "I am simply just following my loyal camel and going wherever she goes."

Leah Nydus was wondering hastily around her pasture one day yelling. Finally, Leah Nydus's sister finally came outside to see what all the ruckus was. "What are you looking for exclaimed her sister?" "I have lost my favorite shoe," Leah Nydus responded. "Why are you looking out if the field for a shoe?" her sister said.  Leah replied, "because out here there is nothing to look under so it should be easier to find."

One day Leah Nydus and her camel were walking back home after going to the market. They had went to the market to get all their groceries and supplies for the week. As the were almost home a thief came up to her and her camel demanding that they give up all of their goods or he will take the camel. Leah Nydus quickly just gave up all of her goods and her and the camel continued home. 


Authors Note: These short stories are based off of the Tales of Nasruddin. In the Tales of Nasruddin the stories are just several microfictions based on the everyday life of Nasruddin and some of the troubles he has faced. With my stories I made up the character of Leah Nydus and kind of did the same. I created Leah Nydus and just wrote about a couple of things that have happened in her life. 

Bibliography: Tales of Nasruddin, Laura Gibbs. https://microfables.blogspot.com/2020/06/tiny-tales-of-nasruddin-book-of-100.html

Comments

  1. Hi Kenzie!
    Nicely done on going more outside of the box and basically doing an original story with loose inspiration from the source material!
    As a note, try to make sure that you keep the full story in past tense, you had a couple of spots where you slipped into present tense, which can be a bit jarring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Kenzie!

    I think your stories were cool, and I like the fact that you created a fictional character to help you retell the original. I think it would've been great if you had tied them together a bit more so everything flowed better, but I liked that you used dialogue and descriptive words because both made the stories engaging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kenzie! I really liked that the main character’s companion is a camel and that she follows her wherever she goes. I am just a little bit confused on the part about the shoe! Did Leah ever find her shoe in the field? What significance did this part have in the story? Maybe for this story you could emphasize more on that part. I think it would be really great to add more details on each of the stories of Leah and her camel! Overall, I liked the short microfictions and I loved the picture you added.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kenzie! I thought your retelling of the microfictions was very successful! I liked the details you included about the main character and how you added your own twist to the original. Your story was short and sweet, and I think that was the best way to do it considering the original version is a collection of a bunch of very short stories. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me and My Blog

Comment Wall

Week 4 Story: The Magical Deer